Monday, 23 June 2014

Guest Editorial: Dane Abley on his Editing Internship




I really enjoyed the internship. It was great to have something that I wanted to do to distract from that which I had to do. Not that I allowed it to distract to the detriment of my other assignments and study.


Having previously helped a friend with the editing of his book, I was interested in the process, and the internship allowed me to learn the proper skills of editing, specifically for editing a play. This internship taught me the skills and gave me the confidence to know that I could do a better job, should my friend ask me to work on another of his books, and the confidence to seek out employment in editing.
 
I haven't yet started the job hunt, but when I do I'm sure the experience of the internship will make me stand out when applying for a position in editing and / or publishing. I'll let you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment